International Day Of Education
Société Générale Cameroun has been working for several decades for the education and socio-professional integration of underprivileged young people.
Here are some of our actions:
- Since 2010, we have been supporting Chaîne des Foyers Saint Nicodème, an association which works for the education and socio-professional integration of underprivileged young people;
- In 2019, SG Cameroun hosted 206 interns from universities and colleges in the country;
- In 2016 and 2017 SG Cameroun participated in the National Youth Day (JNDJ), which is an initiative led by the Société Générale Group;
- In 2018, we officially inaugurated the vocational training centre for young girls “Art & Style” in Nyala, which is funded by SG Cameroun including considerable contribution from the Société Générale Foundation, which contributed EUR 20 000 for its creation ;
- Since 2020, SG Cameroun, through the Société Générale Foundation has been supporting the Family & Life association, as part of the project to create a multifunctional complex for the socio-professional integration of young girls;
- SG Cameroun signed agreements with the Catholic University of Central Africa (UCAC) and Essec in Douala, for the granting of academic internships.